Human nature is to react when things or circumstances change. Nobody prefers change, although change is an inevitable fact of the Universe. How happy you are in life can be directly proportional to how you react to your life’s problems. Everybody in this world has problems in their lives. Life is full of struggles and those who do not cope with its difficulties often leads to stress and further compounded problems. Stress is your body’s reaction to the increasing demands of life. One could also postulate that too much worry about things in life can result in stress, anxiety and depression. We cannot control all the events in life, but we can control our reaction towards its problems. Stress is also common problem of young generation today, and overthinking of any one topic can lead to stress and even depression. Do you think that worrying about your job, career, marriage life, children education and anything can result in the resolution of your problem? Have you ever raised this question with yourself?
There were many famous personalities in the world who had fame, money and power and yet still didn’t enjoy their lives fully. One cause of this, was overthinking, which led to stress. On the contrary, there are people like Helen Keller who was deaf, dumb and blind, and by some viewed as less fortunate who had a happy and long life.
Life is too short, so live it happily, but for this you have to manage your stress. Let’s explore some techniques which can help us to live more stress free.
- Do not worry over everything. Life is unpredictable and so, you can’t control all of your life’s events. Too much stress in your life will ruin your body’s health and can cause headaches, high blood pressure, heart disease. The time and situations in your life will are transient and so will change. People, who do not know how to fight worry can die early. Stop worrying about everything, for most of your fears will never manifest in this life.
- If you are stuck with a big problem, then sit calmly and with relaxed mind try to figure out the worst that could possibly happen with your life. Analyze the situation fearlessly and honestly to get the possible solutions to the problem.
- You have to accept mentally the worst possible outcome of the situation that you are in. Once you accept it mentally, you will feel more in control and accepting of the truth of the situation.
- The next step is to start thinking about improving the worst which you have already accepted, can be an outcome. In this way you will divert your mind to start thinking about the positive aspects of the situation.
- To end your anxiety, stress and depression start counting your Blessings instead of complaining about what you do not have.
- Do not over burden yourself for achieving success. It’s good to be successful, however not at the cost of your health and relationships.
- Do not allow yourself to get upset on small things as it will only result to unhealthy life.
- Things are not as big and bad as they seem mostly. So stop worrying about minor things of life and start enjoying every moment of life.
Above listed are simple techniques to handle stress and worry which can help you to live a happy and healthy life. Start loving what you have and life will be more beautiful.
Inshan Meahjohn is Vice President Entrepreneurship and Technology Commercialization at the University of Trinidad and Tobago always encourage people to live life happily by positive thinking.